MoonCake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake of Words

Go down

Lake of Words Empty Lake of Words

Post  Lore Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:40 am

"So you are the legitimate heir, Prince Nox of Veneficus."

Nox blinked in surprise and turned to face the unfamiliar speaker. The man was shrouded in a tattered dark brown cloak, but Nox wondered how long he was there. He hadn't sensed his presence or anything. The figure gave a casual wave despite the circumstances, "Beautiful night tonight, isn't it Prince?" The figure smiled and took a step forward before vanishing in a blur. Nox looked around quickly and went to run into the tower, but bumped into the man who was now at his side. "It's not very nice to run away from people, you know. What are you going to do when the King sets you up on dates? Hopeless..." The figure shrugged while glancing down at the flustered Nox. "Hey, don't give me that look!"

Who was this guy? And more importantly, what the hell did he want?

"The people of Veneficus will see that your plan fails! You will never get away with this...!"

The King clutched his wound feebly, a gaping hole in his stomach pumping blood that flowed down his throne. He inhaled and exhaled painfully while staring up at his attacker, a figure shrouded in black garb and holding a dagger drenched in royal blood. The attacker narrowed beautiful seagreen eyes that was the only trait visible from the mask it wore.

"I... never expected it to come to this. I never... saw your people... capable of this... and so..." Nox, my precious son. Isabella, my beautiful daughter. I wish that I could be here for you... but now is the time that you must... rise and meet fate. I know that you can do it... my beloved children. I love you more than words could ever express... and I will watch over you... always.

"Did you hear me, kid? I said not to worry! I've been watchin' you, ya know. You're quite a suave little guy," he nodded with a smile, and Nox just stared at him dumbfounded. "But unfortunately... I... have to take you away from here now." The words were sudden and Nox' guard immediately rose, but it was too late. As the figure's hood flew back to expose mysterious seagreen eyes, they shone with no emotion. The jab came quick and merciful, like a lightning bolt that rendered him unconscious in a split second. Nox' eyes rolled into the back of his head as he fell forward. The figure caught and held him caringly despite being a self-proclaimed kidnapper. "Sorry about that, kid, but this is something I have to do. Consider it... a promise."

When a servant emerged on the bridge, she found no trace of the prince or the figure.
Lore
Lore

Back to top Go down

Lake of Words Empty Re: Lake of Words

Post  Lore Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 pm

The black-haired man smirked while jumping off a building and using a laundry line to glide down into an alley. "Well, at least you're questioning me instead of making any rash decisions that could end in your premature death..." He loosened his hold suddenly as if to drop the prince face-first on the hard ground below, but it was only to mock the boy. "I am taking you to a place where you'll be safe until the kingdom decides to pay your ransom. How long you're with me depends entirely upon your father... the king," he whispered the last two words as if hiding a shred of disgust. The man paused briefly at a door located at the end of a few twists and turns before knocking exactly four times. He glanced around before the door was opened and he went inside with the boy still cluched in his arms. The room was pitch black but the man maneuvered through its obstacles effortlessly until lifting part of the floor to reveal a secret passageway underground. He walked down the steps slowly as hung lanterns automatically flared and lit his way. The two arrived at a dead end but Nox heard the words, "Navas nebula!"

The wall in front of them vanished into fleeting particles to reveal a room that resembled a bar. The room held unsavory looking characters that all regarded the two with mixed reactions. "Well well well, looks like the new guy pulled through," chuckled a man sitting in what appeared to be a makeshift throne on the far end of the room. The black-haired man narrowed his eyes before setting Nox gently on his feet, "I brought him as requested," he glanced at Nox out of the corner of his eye. "He is uninjured and there was no trouble. I trust our contract has been satisfactorily fulfilled?"

"Not so much," the man sitting on the throne replied with a grin. "Ya see, the king of Veneficus was found dead just hours ago... and reports say that the man who killed him is..." His voice trailed off as he pointed the dagger in his hand towards the black-haired man who looked stone-faced. "Now, obviously that goes against the very nature of our agreement! Quietly kidnap the prince of Veneficus," he said loudly while stepping off the throne and motioning for his men to surround the mercenary. "Tell me what part of that says to kill his father and put the whole damn floating continent into disarray?" He turned his back on the mercenary and shrugged hopelessly, "Ah well. Kill him... and the brat."
Lore
Lore

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum